The Targeted Sports Program (TSP) is a sports program delivered before school by qualified Teaching Staff and External Coaches. It aims to develop student skills, knowledge and understanding of their sport of choice. The 2022 Sports in the TSP program are; Basketball, Football (Soccer), Rugby Codes, Surfing and Strength and Conditioning*. In 2023 there will be the introduction of Mountain Biking.
*Strength and Conditioning - Offers resistance training programs (Focusing on injury prevention / strength / Power development and fundamental gym movements) for students in sports not offered and are competing at a representative level e.g. a Cricketer / Netballer / AFL / Athletics etc.
To Resister your interest in the 2023 programs fill in form linked below, that related to your sport of interest;
The three trials for each sport will take place in Week 2 and 3 of Term 1, on the date Thursday 2nd February, Tuesday 7th February and Thursday 9th February from 7:30 am at the BCHS Hall. For the Sports Surfing and Mountain Biking coaches will inform students of location.
- TSP Football https://forms.gle/68VwimghJKqoxGUx7
- TSP Basketball EOI https://forms.gle/zpsa2sDBjDJNtt8dA
- TSP Rugby Codes EOI https://forms.gle/qPTLXcRK4EBmMqW17
- TSP Surfing EOI https://forms.gle/ord1jiSdr9Rn7deh9
- TSP Strength and Conditioning https://forms.gle/rpF83x2wsCF4kxEB8
- TSP Mountain Biking (MTB) EOI has been closed for 2023
The TSP Students experience high quality coaching and are provided with a variety of sports specific learning experiences throughout the year. The program is designed to foster the athletes of tomorrow and help our students on their athletic journey.
Training session take place;
Tuesday and Thursday mornings on the BCHS grounds from 7:30 am - 8:45 am.*Surfing uses local beaches and is subject to conditions.
After training students have time to prepared for lessons.
The program complements BCHS’s, NSW CHS sports teams and encourages personal excellence. Students in the program must maintain high attendance and behaviour expectations and represent their school with pride.
TSP Students will:
● Participate in weekly sport specific training programs that will help develop athletes in their chosen sports, improving fundamental skills, knowledge and fitness.
● Be provided a variety of opportunities to compete and represent in their chosen sport.
● Access external high-quality coaching and development opportunities through affiliated and complementary sporting bodies.
● Develop their personal understanding and knowledge of training and health components that build successful athletes.
We would like to thank some of the big supporters of the program in 2022;
- · Dolphins Rugby Academy - https://m.facebook.com/dolphinsrugbyacademy/
- · Out of the Box Training - https://outofthebox2482.com.au/
- · Intersports Ballina - https://intersport.com.au/stores/nsw-ballina/
- · Basketball NSW (Lauren King) - https://www.bnsw.com.au/